Wednesday, December 28, 2011

San Diego Christmas

Welcome to San Diego.  Absolutely lovely way to spend Christmas.  This year, I struggled to decide what would be the best way to celebrate the holiday.  I considered heading to Mexico to visit Jonny, Aron in Havasu since he is in the area and Havasu isn't too far away or San Diego.  My friend, Jean, from Seattle, mentioned that her son would be there for the holidays and probably able to show me around the city.  After contemplation, I headed west to the pacific ocean.  This is a view from Mount Soledad where my adventure began.
 Here is a photo op of my host, Tom, overlooking the view from Mount Soledad.  A little background information on Tom.  The last time I saw him, we were t.p.ing one of his classmates houses in Kansas.  It's been awhile since I have seen him.
 I love the sunset factor and only regret not making more time to spend at the beach.  In hindsight, I should have opted to meditate for a bit.  The ocean is always inviting and soothing.  Since my xmas eve spent in Margaret River, Australia, I always hope to return to the beach for this specific holiday.  Last year, I went scuba diving in Key West.  Yes, I do love the beach.
Another photo of Tom, his friend, Marco, and me before our dinner.  It was a delightful evening with ample wine, catching up and food.  Somewhere along the way, one of us broke a wine glass...nice.  I think I am sending wine glasses as an apology.
I chose scallops for dinner.  I considered black cod, but the scallops caught my attention immediately.  Also, I had brussel sprouts with bacon--love that.  The service at the restaurant was lackluster.  However, being christmas I can forgive that and some of the other girls with us were waivering on whether or not to stay where we were seated.  Concerned about the cost while I kept thinking--seriously, aren't you all in the service industry?  And, didn't you look at the menu before you chose this place?  We are committed to the dining area and cheers to the holiday.
Yes, I had a wonderful time in San Diego and will update more later.  Must run errands for the time being.

No comments: