Friday, December 16, 2011

missed my run.....

Delayed run.  Not because I wanted to, but, because something else took my focus.  As many of you know, I have been cursed with back-up issues.  Sorta funny and always in my life.  I suppose I was waiting to see when this issue would arise.  Plus, at the current rental, the toilet is hot.  Not kidding.  I don't understand why the toilet is temperature-wise hot, yet it is.  Today, I went to use the facility and noted a potential overflow issue.  Hence, no afternoon run.
Instead, I picked up a plunger and thought to myself, how did I not purchase one of these when I moved in?  Seriously, overflow issues follow me around.  There was the rental in Denver, with Sara, that needed a new septic pump.  We discovered this after the sewage backed up in the basement shower while running a load of laundry.  Disgusting to say the least.
Or the next rental where Marc and Megan dealt with root issues, once every four months.  The Slumlord refused to get that situation addressed.  Instead, he let us clean up the crap every few months and say, it must be you....hmmmm, of course, it wouldn't be the old pipes or the roots, right?  He was such a gem of a landlord.
I had another story of a rental issue while living with Brian.  It motivated me to consider alternate apartments instead of renewing the lease.  I loved that apartment.  There was so much space and two balconies.  Yet, when the management refused to look into the back up issues, I knew, we needed to relocate.
I e-mailed my landlord and will wait.  I know that she is assertive and wanting to handle issues herself.  However, since it is Friday, she needs to take action before the weekend rates apply.  We'll see.  I know a week ago my contact case fell into the toilet and I didn't fish it out.  That could be part of the problem.  Outside of that, I have no idea what is going on except that it brings comedy back to my life....

No comments: