Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Oregon Wedding

I think this is the best photo that I captured of Michaela.  Fitting that it's with my brother-in-law, Tab.  Love that Michaela is drinking water, too.  I think Jade put her on water restrictions fairly early to help her sustain.  Sisterly love.
I woke up Saturday and attended a yoga class.  It was a traditional flow class with emphasis on core work.  I walk in to the studio and am surrounded by women.  No mirrors (anywhere) and wait for the class to start.  I did enjoy the flow aspect but the set up of the studio was odd.  Like I mentioned, no mirrors and instead of having us all face one way there was a row of women facing the rest of us.  I didn't like that at all.  It seemed odd.
After the class, I returned to Michaela's house and made myself toast and an egg.  My dad had taken off to go shopping with Easton and since I had a rental car, I could do whatever I pleased.  I found cava for the reception and found a nail salon to clean up my toes.  Yes, it was necessary.  I needed a pedicure in a big way.
I relaxed is what I am trying to say.  Typically, that doesn't happen around family events for me.  Normally, I am on edge and cleaning something.  Or perhaps that was just childhood related.  I can remember a number of times before a dance recital where everyone was on edge.  I can feel the stress, right now, just thinking about it.
Anyways, it was a leisurely day for me.  Rental car ensured that. 
We met at Michaela's at 5 for the family photos.  A few outside, inside and then guests arrived.  The ceremony was short and sweet.  I enjoyed the message that the minister gave.  It reminded me of an anniversary present that Brian gave to me one year.  How to enjoy a relationship with a recipe of love, patience, kindness.
I believe I met all of Michaela and Tim's friends.  That was nice as I had heard stories about them.  I like being able to put faces with names.  Great party and easy going.  I drove my dad back to the hotel around 11.  The following morning we walked into Michaela's house and it was clean.  Shocked.  I couldn't believe that they woke up at seven a.m. and began cleaning.  I knew that she would have already vacuumed.  It is Michaela.
We had brunch at Jade's house and then I headed south to visit Jarred.  The wedding was lovely and I did enjoy spending time with my sisters and mom and dad.  It had been a long time since we were all together and in such relaxed fashion.


No comments: