Wednesday, October 31, 2007

En route to Suva

I survived the dorm room; although, I was the last one in and the first one up. I had a luxurious hot shower as a result and right now I am in the only person using the internet--another bonus. I have liked how internet friendly Fiji is and have really enjoyed receiving e-mails and blog comments this past week.
Today we are going on a 3 hour trek and eventually, we will end up in a mud bath, I think. Perhaps that is tomorrow's activities. ALso, tomorrow I will be in Volivoli in search of the perfect dive. Wish me luck...

2 comments:

Shari said...

Good Day.
I forget that you are 18 hours ahead of me. My questions will probably be 18 hours late. It's Halloween and Tom dressed up as a grumpy old man.
Do the Fijians have a deep spiritual traditions for All Hollows Eve? I have learned a little about the traditions in Mexico. I'm curious about other cultures and their beliefs.
You must tell about the mud bath. Are they natural out in the rocks or in a tub?
Are you traveling around on a bus?
Happy Diving,
Love Shari

harmony said...

No, they do not celebrate Halloween here. It was a normal day for me with the exception of sand boarding. Yes, Shari, you would have loved it.
The Mexican tradition of Day of the Dead is really fascinating. I wish that we celebrated that as well.
I think the mudbath is tomorrow or when I rejoin the group on Tuesday. I am getting off the tour to go diving.