Monday, July 7, 2008

happy 4th of july

Happy Independence Day!
I spent mine working, yes working, at the Bull. None of us were too happy about it either. We felt slighted since it has never been an issue in the past. We are closed. However, this year, they decided that since it was on a Friday we should be open. Other restaurants felt the same way--Ruth Chris Steakhouse, Elway's a few others. It didn't boost business for us to open that night. The day wasn't too awful, but the night was horrendous. I hosted for a few hours and then took off for steak and crab fried rice at Elway's. Elway's is on my way home and I was famished!
I hope that you were able to enjoy the fireworks, patriotism or lack of, and each other. I had a nice weekend, overall, financially it was a success. I needed it for Vegas this weekend...

No comments: