Wednesday, July 2, 2008

July, the start of a new month

Eat, sleep, work...eat,sleep, work...wow, lots of fun. I need a new hobby or more friends to hang out with.
I went to the bank today to cash a check from our land lord. When we moved in, the previous tenants did a surface cleaning, but that was it. We spoke to the landlord about it and he agreed to compensate us for the cleaning that we did. Of course, I am happy that we were compensated since it was a huge pain in the ass to clean the base boards, the shower and doors. Personally, I believe that the landlord should have had it professionally cleaned before we moved in. It would have got us off on the right foot.
I went to the bank to cash the check and it was busy and so I had to wait in line. There was a woman behind me with a child and another adult. The child was probably six, maybe seven, and the woman was bashing her ex-husband. It was so distasteful and despite the ipod I had blasting, I could still hear her bitch about her alimony and the fact that her ex's current wife always sent a check from her personal account. I had to bite my tongue to not point out how inconsiderate she was being to her child. I mean, kids hear everything and it is unfair to complain about the other parent to the child or in front of the child. She even told her son to not tell daddy that she had a boyfriend since she was planning on cashing the alimony checks until she was 62. It was awful and I was thankful that my parents did not bash each other in front of me when they divorced.
I am arranging a gift for the wedding and I walked all the way to the destination only to find out that they were closed. I was bummed, but I guess I have another walk in my future. I am off to the library now to find some books for my hosting shift at the Bull on the 4th. We are open, but I don't think we will be busy and so I want to be prepared!

No comments: