Saturday, July 26, 2008

The return of the DR...

Last Saturday, I was at work and felt a bump on my stomach. I knew what it was, but I was trying to convince myself otherwise...i went to the urgent care clinic on Thursday morning and saw the Dr. that I liked. He likes Eastern medicine, too, and doesn't make me feel like a nut for not always embracing Western medicine.
Anyways, he numbed the area, pressed on it, and $230 later, I was sent on my way. He suggested that next time I feel the bump to come in immediately for my lovely prescription of antibiotics. This time around, I am on them for 10 days...i love it! I cannot drink and again, I have to moderate my diet--no dairy, spicy, fried, caffeine or alcohol. Of course, I am drinking coffee and I do love mexican food and so the spicy stays. I need a vice of sorts.
In other news...work is great. I have been able to pick up quite a few shifts on a regular basis. It keeps me focused, centered and with a travel plan available. I purchased tickets to go to Chicago at the end of August. I wanted a foodie destination and Chicago is the answer. I will stay for a few days and see the Map Room guys and possibly Mike Miller from Delilah's. I am excited to discover more about Chicago. I went a year ago in January and it was freezing. I went to a Bull's game and entertained myself around the city center. It was lovely, but too short.
I should be ready, healthwise, by the end of August. I am attacking this with Eastern, too. I have goldenseal, astragalus and some funky herbal blend of pills that I cannot pronounce. Hopefully, this works.

No comments: