Tuesday, July 8, 2008

the neighbors next door...

I love my new place. I have a parking space. I love the location and the price is right. However, my neighbors next door suck. They have an unneutered male cat that always tries to jump through our window. They are 21 and renovating the house next door. They throw house parties, but the worst thing they do is leave their trash out.
I feel like I live next door to the Radley's from To Kill a Mockingbird. For the last 6 weeks, I have looked out my door to this pile up of shit. They have beer bottles, lattice fence work, cat box and since we don't have a fence to separate us from their house, it is overflowing into our yard. I mentioned it to the landlord and he said that he would look into who owned the home since he wasn't too thrilled about it, either.
Well, last night I decided to haul their bins into the alley. This morning, they were dumped, but it did little to the effects of the beer/litter/lattice pile up. This evening, Chichi and I opted to sneak the trash into the dumpster across the alley. Lacy was here too and he actually helped! We were both amazed since most of those Cherry Creek boys are notoriously unable to manage physical labor.
I scrubbed my hands with soap and bleach to cut down the risk of another staph infection. Also, we are determined to tell the younguns to pick up after themselves at their next house party. I don't mind the noise, but the trash is awful!
I purchased another dress for this weekend, in case I need it and got a pedicure. I worked and was productive and positive all day. I cannot wait for Vegas!!!

2 comments:

Shari said...

Hello,

I can't wait to see your place as you are drawing such an interesting picute of the neighborhood. It might be awhile as summer is slipping away and we are not finished with that house yet.

My wound finally closed and I am feeling good. We were in Michigan over the 4th. I was weeding my flowers and a damn mosquito flew up my shorts and bite me on my wound! I made Tom check it several times a day and it finally went down after 2 days.
I gave up on the weeding and Tom and I took a 4-wheeling trip. I was riding along on level trail and I tried to miss a mudd puddle. That 4-wheeler hit something and threw me off so fast I didn't know what happened. I was wearing my helmet and good thing. My head hit a rock. I riped my pants and cut my knee. Of course I had to land in the freaking mudd puddle. My leg is swelled but I am doing well.

Have a great time in Vegas. It sounds like you are all ready for the trip. We have to talk about future trips...I am thinking someplace that we can take in a wine tasting. Not Calafornia yet...think about it and we'll talk.

Take Care,
Love Shari

harmony said...

ahhhh....I hate mosquitoes and I understand your paranoia. when I was in CHile getting attacked by bd bugs, I was so afraid that I would get another infected bite and not be able to sit down. i ate garlic cloves so that the bugs wouldn't like me, coated myself with rubbing alcohol and papaya salve, too. I was ridiculous and yet, nothing stopped those bugs.
I am off to yoga and than I have some small things to pack. I cannot wait for the wedding and a break from my life.
When are you thinking about a mini trip? I understand not wanting to head to California yet, but we could do central coast (Santa Barbara) or spend time in Oregon or Washington. Both are hot regions, right now and reasonably priced.
I hope you are well...