Saturday, July 19, 2008

House cleaning

Midway through the work week and we opted to clean our house today. Chichi is a great roommate. Seriously, she is conscientious, clean and a great listener. Plus, today, I realized that she enjoys vacuuming which is fantastic.
When I was a child, every Saturday, we would wake up to our weekly chores. My mom was a stickler when it came to a clean house. Every day, I had to sweep the kitchen multiple times, clean it and make sure that she was happy with it.
On Saturdays, we performed the deep cleaning--Michaela dusted the entire house (my mom had a bunch of knick knacks which is why I think I am simplistic with my decor)--I vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen and Jade took out the trash. I don't know that Jasmin ever had chores since she was the baby, but I know that every week it was the same--chores first, homework next and then being tossed outside to run amok. Kids these days have so many distractions with ipods, cell phones, computers, play station and we had atari and the outdoors.
Subconsciously, I think I am more productive, in terms of cleaning, on Saturdays. It feels right and I definitely wake up, charged to make the house sparkle. We still need to clean the carpets from the previous tenants and their two dalmations. It smells like wet dog at certain points in the day. We will take care of that prior to our party...I promise.
The other day, I received a letter from Robin and it was great. I now know what Wyatt looks like. He is precious and I know that I need to send a note to thank her for updating me on what Steffany and her son are doing. I am a fan of written corespondence for those of you who don't know that!

No comments: