Sunday, August 10, 2008

Cedric's visit...

My friend, Cedric, from Las Vegas spent the weekend in Denver. Of course, I try to be a gracious hostess and so I asked Jimmy to entertain him one night. I took him to the baseball game on Friday. While we were finishing our beers at the Falling Rock, a storm rolled in, they delayed the game and we ended up having a few additional beers at the Falling Rock.
The game, itself, was great and we stayed until the 7th inning. Keep in mind there was an hour delay and I knew that we would need to eat somewhere instead of eating chips at my house. We went to Pulcinella and had antipasta and caprese salad. I hope that Cedric had a great time.
Saturday, I told him would be a little ore difficult. I do not enjoy shots, but Jimmy does and so I knew that Saturday night would be more harsh for him. They went to the baseball game and saw the entire game. When they returned to the Bull, I was entertained by their behavior. I drove them home and went to bed. I wasn't in the mood to drink and so I crashed out early. I believe that I did my job and it was a successful weekend.
I have a day off tomorrow and I must go to yoga. I have been a complete slacker in that realm. I am hoping to write some, enjoy a glass of wine with Jenny Minard and prepare for my trip to Chicago. I think I will go to Tru, but I need to completely decide where my dining destination will be....