Thursday, August 14, 2008

Overindulgent

Yesterday was a great example of why being overindulgent is bad for me. I went to lunch with Colleen, which was fun and purchased a case of wine for the housewarming party. I walked downtown to meet Tiffany for her birthday drinks. I owed her from March, but our schedules are opposite and I have been on the wagon a lot this year, due to antibiotics. So, we arranged to meet at Capitol Grille for drinks and meet up with Katy and Robin later.
Let's just say that I started too early and continued until I was unpleasant to be around. In all honesty, I probably shouldn't have been served at the Bull and Bush. I definitely should not have been given a shot! But, I was and I became annoying. I was trying to talk to someone and realized that I was done. I grabbed my ipod, left money for Brie and stormed off. I walked home which was the best decision that I had made. Of course, I was upset the entire time and managed to take off my shoes ten blocks from my house. I don't know why I decided to do that, but I did. Anyways, I thought that someone would call me to see where I was or if I was okay. Last Saturday, I chased Jimmy back into the Bull so that I could give him a ride since he was trying to walk. Funny, he didn't seem too concerned when I left last night. I guess that says a lot about my friends.
Or maybe I should own up to my unpleasantness. My roommate had a similar situation last night with a friend and she commented on she doesn't know how I do it on a regular basis--dealing with drunks. I told her that it can be difficult, annoying and something I despise, but it is part of the job.
I think too much, overanalyze everthing, reanalyze and make myself crazy. I am not a child and do not need to act like one either or put myself in situations where I am walking 3 miles home because it isn't safe. I was told by a medium that I was indulgent in past lives and that I should cautious with that in this one. He was right...

No comments: