Tuesday, August 12, 2008

walking aimlessly

Last night, I met Jenny Minard for drinks at Osterria de Marcos--I think that is the correct spelling. Anyways, originially, we were meeting at Sips, a wine bar on Market St. I had heard they have tastings and so I arranged to meet Jenny there. I showed up early and realized that they do have tastings, but only on Thursdays and Saturdays. I called a friend for a recommendation and he suggested Cru, Corridor 44 or Osterria. I walked downtown and so I needed a place that was convenient for me to get to. Jenny and I settled on Osterria and it was nice. They have a happy hour special where you choose a salad and pizza with wine or a specialty cocktail for $15 per person. The food was great and I enjoyed the downstairs bar.
Next, we stopped by Vita which is next to Lola a little west of downtown. We sat on their outside balcony and watched the sunset and spectacular views of the downtown skyline.
The evening was pleasant and I enjoyed our conversation. I have known Jenny since I was 10 years old. Her family moved in a house down from ours. Instantly, we became friends and with time, families divorce, moving across town, we grew apart. About 5 years ago, I found out that she, too, was living in Denver. We have tried to reconnect on a more permanent basis, but both of us are guilty of phone tag and canceling meets. I hope, this time, we are able to meet on a more regular basis. She is a true friend.
Today I return to work and searching for socks...

No comments: