Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Birthday dinner

L'Atelier was awesome.
We opted to do the 8 course tasting menu. Dave was right, the food was amazing and the wine list was user-friendly. We stared with beef tartare. The portions were huge and I love capers and so I tried some of the beef. Next, they served a lobster raviolis which was fantastic. We tried a green salad, escargot with a potato foam, followed by ribeye with more mashed potatoes and asparagus. We had sorbet, a hazelnut torte--for me--and finished with two cheeses. The wine was great, too. We started with champagne and Dave chose Craggy Range from New Zealand. I toured the winery on my trip and the wine was fantastic, again. We drank the Sophia.
I chose Cosentino, The Poet, for the second wine. It needed to open up a little, but it was also a beautiful wine. I had a lovely evening.
Last year, we ate at the Palm for my dinner and I confided in them about my around the world trip. Last night, Tiffany asked me if I had any grand announcements and I replied with--not yet.
Who knows what the future holds?

No comments: