Friday, September 12, 2008

Please only do in private

I know that I have been harping on etiquette for the last few months. I cannot help it. I feel that as a society we are letting go of core values of responsibility, accountability and yes, etiquette. I still write thank you notes and occasionally receive them. I am thrilled when it happens because it is rare these days.
I was at work this morning and decided to help out one of my co-workers. I approach this couple with their chips and salsa and watch as this woman is clipping her nails. SERIOUSLY...I was so grossed out! I kept hearing the click, click, click noise and wanted to return to the table to confiscate the clippers. Who does this? But, I have experienced this multiple times in the past year. While I was traveling at hostels, people felt okay about clipping nails in public, at an airport in Belize, on a plane to Las Vegas and today in Denver. I insist, if you see me, please put your clippers away! It is disgusting and should only be performed in the privacy of your home.
Also, if you have something stuck in your teeth, use a tooth pick. That is another unattractive habit that is surfacing more and more in public. I don't want to see it or touch your hand, your things after your entire hand has been in your mouth full of bacteria! What have we turned in to?

No comments: