Monday, September 8, 2008

work and other distractions...

This week, I will be working, working, working.
I need to pick up a few more shifts and take care of myself. I am trying to decide if and where i will be celebrating my birthday this year. In October, I am heading to Las Vegas for a post-celebration, but September has always been my favorite month. Especially after I met Brian since our birthdays were a day apart. I loved planning our birthdays. This year, I am at a loss as to how to celebrate. I suppose that since I am going to a wedding on my birthday it limits my ability to go out of town.
Plus, where would I go? I love Napa, Santa Fe and Chicago. I was just there, but I could do another short stint in the city. I would like to go for a weekend--Saturday-Tuesday...maybe I will. I am indecisive right now.
I know that I will be in Oregon for Thanksgiving. My dad is turning 60 next February and we have decided to celebrate in November. Jade is having her 3rd child around the same time and so it will be a great opportunity to spend time with the family. I think I might spend a night or two in Portland and explore on my own. I love my sisters, but family time can be stressful. And I do enjoy Portland and would like to spend more time there.
On a side note...a few years ago, I approached my friends from high school about doing a girl's weekend. At that time, we were going through transitions--new babies, divorce and expectant mothers. It was poor timing and so the idea ended. I have been thinking about it as of late and so I repitched the idea to my friends and we intend to go to Phoenix for a weekend in February. I am excited about seeing them and showing them the city that I lived in. I cannot wait to reconnect and remember the friendships.
Until later...

No comments: