Tuesday, September 2, 2008

After the party/Michaela's visit...

I am detoxing until my birthday.
I ate way too much incredible food the last week...from Chicago through Michaela's visit. Throw in some wine and this is a mandatory break from excess.
Yesterday was a fantastic day. The weather couldn't decide which way it wanted to turn. Thankfully, it didn't rain last night. My roommate was concerned that the rain would ruin our party. I told her that everything would be alright and it was. We probably had 40 people at our house and I believe that everyone enjoyed themselves. The only problem, at one point, was that the tap broke and so we were without beer for 45 minutes.
I have fantastic friends and they all brought wine. I felt very fortunate for the turn out and the conversations flowed. I missed a few people and was surprised that a few people who had told me they would attend, didn't make an appearance. Things happen and I believe that it turned out the way it was supposed to.
I made a few cheese trays, and although they definitely were not Brian's creations, they weren't bad. I was proud of them.
Last night reminded me of how much I enjoy entertaining and throwing a random mix of people together. Fortunately, I have good people in my life.

1 comment:

Hailey said...

Cheers Harm! I only wish the Aubuchon's could have been there to "warm your house" as well! I miss you terribly!