Sunday, October 12, 2008

VIva Las Vegas!

Las Vegas, here I come.
Tonight, I should be at the Mirage, watching Love. I cannot wait.
It has been an interesting week. The GABF always promises to have wonderful people in Denver. I ran into a guy from one of my college classes on Thursday. I couldn't remember his name, exactly, but I did know that I knew him from KU. He lives in New Mexico and is in Denver/Boulder often. We are going to try to meet up for a beer next time he is in the area.
Last night, we were slammed at the Bull. I think the weather, football, and the beer fest produced the influx of people. I saw my friend--the $1.59 lady and waited for her to approach me or demand a manager. She was with friends, no husband in sight, and so she remained calm. The server knew exactly who I was talking about though. She remarked, that the woman is awful. Funny, how some people are naturally difficult to appease in any situation.
We had this group of people show up and they were dressed nice and asking for grey goose martinis. I handed this lady her tab--$13.50. She gave me a twenty and I gave her six singles and 50 cents. She pondered the change, stopped me and said--I wish I could tip more, but I am broke.
I was taken aback. I couldn't believe she would say that. She ordered a grey goose martini. If you are unable to afford it, drink the well. After that, Tiffany and I both avoided them like the plague.
I kept telling myself that I have a good life and again, I am going to Vegas tomorrow! Have a wonderful day.
I realized the other day that I set this up about a year ago. I suppose I am itching for another trip...

No comments: