Monday, October 27, 2008

A year in review

A year ago, I departed L.A.
My flight was terrible. I sat behind this couple that had all three seats pushed back and I didn't sleep much at all. I arrived, walked off the plane and thought--I cannot believe that I just did this.
It was amazing--all of it--the bed bugs, spider bite that turned into an on-going staph infection, the exhibitionist, the unwanted attempted happy ending massage, and the theft of my first ipod.
I wouldn't change a thing.
At times, I feel that I regressed by returning to Denver. I am working at the Bull and Bush, again. I haven't traveled as much as I would like. But, I feel better in my life. I feel alive and I feel more at peace with Brian.
It is difficult to explain. He was my soul mate and before my trip, I felt that I was ready to be with him, again. If something happened to me, I was okay with it. I would be with him.
When I traveled, I realized that there is more to discover. I am not ready. But, I know that he is with me and we will meet again.
Being here is where I need to be. I see changes in my life and that wouldn't have happened had I not traveled or returned to Denver.
Fiji was the ideal place to begin my adventure. Bula! Salud and Cheers. Enjoy your night.

No comments: