Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A year in

It has officially been a year that I have been blogging.
Wow! I cannot believe it. Thankfully, I am in Santa Fe, right now, true to my calling. I wish I could find a way to finance traveling, be paid for it and keep doing it. I know that I love it. I am good at it and I thrive when I meet people.
I went to O Eating House for lunch today. My friend, Jamie, recommended it and all I knew was that she enjoyed it. I didn't know what I was walking into to.
I walked in and opted to sit at the bar. The chef, Carlos, told me that I could sit at the kitchen's bar if I let him clear it off. I figured it would be interesting to watch him prepare food and so I said yes.
Honestly, I thought he would have more people working with him. He had a girl that was helping him prepare dishes. He was able to talk me through the menu. At one point, he accused me of being a food critique and my reply was--do I look like a food critic? He said, yes.
I started with the green chile samosas and finished with the mushroom quinoa. Both dishes were fantastic; although, the sundried tomato mashed potatoes were a bit bland. I enjoyed my seat and watching the energy of the kitchen/front staff collision. There is always something. I think if I were forced to work in the kitchen, I would have more patience for my food.
Tonight, I am heading to La Boca, a tapas place, with my friend, Melody. I love Santa Fe, the energy and how I always am able to connect with what is important to me. I lose sight of it when I am in Denver, surrounded by the negativity of the people I associate with. There is so much more to discover in life. I forget that when I am absorbed in the bs associated with a restaurant job. I have great friends, a wonderful support system, but also an easy way out.
I have to remember to keep challenging myself and discovering life.
Thank you, to all of you who continue to read about my life, travels and mishaps. Cheers to another year!

No comments: