Monday, October 26, 2009

October 27th.....

Two years ago, on October 27th, I flew to Fiji.
It was glorious. I walked off of the plane, with equal amounts of possibility and uncertainty. I remember having a little anxiety, too.
I took a leave of absence from my job and a tour of the southern hemisphere began. I want to honor that day, as I will, every year, from this point forward.
I like to celebrate...a lot. I will make occasions up so that I can toast life for any reason. For example, I celebrate March 11th, since that was my return to the States. I drink a margarita and ample amounts of wine.
I like my birthday. I enjoy St. Patrick's Day, Cinco de Mayo, and a host of other made up holidays that I have created. I am not traditional in any sense of the word.
Christmas is Jade's birthday. I love my sister and I wish that I wanted to head to Oregon to share it with her, but instead, I spend christmas in Las Vegas. That's right. I like going to Las Vegas for christmas. I have spent 3 of the last four years there. I think it is because I have never went home for that holiday.
Brian loved Christmas. Absolutely, 100% loved christmas. I enjoyed celebrating with him. We had traditions in Denver that we made. I chose to stay with him, here, instead of returning to Kansas to spend time with my family. Flying to Kansas wasn't an option due to work and my desire to celebrate with him.
Now, I make my own memories, but not in Denver, and not in Kansas. I feel I will return to Australia, one day, since I spent a christmas there too.
Memories of a wonderful 5 month period of life...wow, I would like to return. I dream of faraway lands, of destination marathons and exotic dishes. I think it becomes more prevalent when the weather turns here. I am a warm weather kid. I despise the snow!
I wish it were sunny today. Instead, it is dreary and we are gearing up for snow. I am moving this week. I am projecting positive vibes for a quick, efficient move. On an interesting side note...after 4 months, my new duplex mates, finally figured out how to take out the trash. YEA! I am so proud of them. I wonder if they will figure out how to put the trash cans back...probably not. In 3 days, this problem is no longer mine.
Celebrate today...I am. But, probably not how you think. I am going running with the Goddess. I thought I would try something new to honor this special day in my life. I have missed running.

No comments: