Friday, June 11, 2010

Happy Friday

3 a.m. Sleep began to evade me. I think it is because I have a lot on my mind.
For the last few weeks, I have been on the fence with whether or not I wanted to A)run a marathon this year and B)sign up for training if I did decide to run a marathon.
I kept seeing Las Vegas in my future and opted to run that race. It is a flat course, at sea level, and not until December. I would have plenty of time to train and prepare for the marathon.
I knew that I was not interested in another training sesssion with Team in Training. Although a good program, I have no ties to their organization. The fundraising was just as taxing/time consuming as the marathon training. Asking my friends and family to donate, on my behalf, again, seemed unlikely since I have no personal connection to leukemia or lymphoma.
I have been receiving e-mails from Active.com and recognized Runner's Edge of the Rockies. Plus, I know a few people that have trained with them and had only good things to say. I knew that if I wanted to be trained with a structured plan, that they would be the organization I would commit.
I set up my marathon training on their website, Tuesday, made the payment, and have waited to hear back from them. Apparently, I cannot access my account until they approve the transaction. My question is....how long does it take? How long is too long? Why haven't I heard anything?
I am a little frustrated since I want to know what to expect from the training--where the runs are in the metro area, do they offer some Sunday morning trainings in lieu of Saturday, etc. I work on Friday nights and hope that there is interest in Sunday morning trainings. If only one person would be interested in joining me. The likelihood of me completing an early Saturday morning long run, after closing, is nil. Sleep is what I will want.
I think that is part of what I contemplated at 3 a.m. The run factor...Please, let there be someone that will run with me on Sunday mornings. Otherwise, I will have long Saturday runs that are difficult.
Anyways, Happy Friday. Enjoy the day.

No comments: