Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summer color


The most amazing beet salad--ever~
I convinced Maghan and Jason to order this with me at our pre-Bolder Boulder dinner. It was my pre-dinner and substinence for them. They aren't runners, yet. Maybe, one day.
It is funny how well I ran that event. Amongst 50,000+ other runners, we (the Goddess and I) fared well. It wasn't a race. It was a spectator course and fun. I saw many people handing out bacon, marshmellows, doritos, drinks. Plus, the amount of other runners stifled our ability to try to make a break for it. I loved every single minute of it. Could I have run faster? Absolutely. Was I distracted? Yes, pleasantly, so. Would I do it again? Yes. Yes. Yes.
I am still figuring out the right formula of food/wine, pre-race. From two experiences, personally, I believe a glass or two of wine is fine. It doesn't mess with the race running. Instead, I think, it aids me in my relaxation and sleep.
Also, I ate ribeye, topped with an over easy egg and foie gras. Talk about rich, decadent food. I was a little scared of how that would effect me. Seriously, I do not eat red meat, frequently, and there were lingering concerns in the back of my mind when I woke up, pre-race. I kept projecting positive thoughts/energy of my race day experience. I was happy to have Memorial Day off, and grateful for the opportunity to run the Bolder Boulder.
It all began with red wine and beet salad at Elway's. The evening was glorious, filling and entertaining.

No comments: