Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer dinner

Yummy....oven roasted tomatoes.
I found this recipe, on-line, regarding oven roasted tomatoes. A week ago, I roasted peppers, asparagus and tomatoes. I found, then, that the peppers were delicious, asparagus-overcooked, and tomatoes needed more seasoning. I liked the idea of roasted tomatoes and wanted to consult a recipe to make it better.
I cheated, a little. They said 3 hours, slow roasting, in the oven. I couldn't wait longer than two hours and fifteen minutes. Tomatoes were delightful. I wish that I had made more. Two hours is a long time to wait for this wonderful meal. I see now that I could pair the tomatoes with pasta, cous cous or wild rice.
I took campari tomatoes, slightly salt and peppered, olive oil and garlic cloves. My only regret is that I didn't have more garlic. I love roasted garlic. Mental note--buy more garlic. And tomatoes.
Anyways, after the two hours and fifteen minutes, I took the tomatoes out and replaced it with bread. Ten minutes later and dinner was prepared. Lovely, colorful and filling. I topped the bread with the garlic and tomatoes. At the last minute, I cut up basil and placed that in the mix, too. Basil makes everything better.
Tomorrow, I hope to walk to Cherry Creek to check out the farmer's market. I do want to suport local farmers and enjoy summer fruits and vegetables. And, I have been lax about keeping fresh flowers stocked in my house. It is time to get back in that habit.
Ahhh, summer. I love it! Rockies games, City Park Jazz, dining on patios and friends. It is a lovely time of year.

No comments: