Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Dinner for three

Since I have been back, I think I have eaten at Elways 7 times. I love Elways, but I am unused to spending so much time out of a kitchen. Towards the end of my journey, I definitely was preparing my own meals. Staying with Jimmy has forced me to spend more time in restaurants. I love it, but I want to save money for my trip to Las Vegas and spending so much time in restaurants is spendy.
Tonight, I made dinner for Bryn and Beau and it was fantastic. I am more of a cookbook reader as opposed to a gifted, confident person in the kitchen. I must say that dinner tonight was great. I felt patient instead of rushed and as a result, I think that both of them truly enjoyed the meal. I made a caramelized onion pasta with salad and garlic bread. The Moosewood Cookbook is my gospel when it comes to the kitchen. They have healthy meals with several vegan options. Since I am non dairy friendly, I am loving this book.
I went to acupuncture today and my therapist believes that I am doing much better. He also suggested that it wasn't a brown recluse based on how the toxin is spreading and healing itself. I feel better knowing that my skin will not have to be grafted! He also released some build up in my shoulders and they feel amazing. Seriously, I fell asleep during the treatment and woke up confused as to where I was. After he took the needles out, I felt drunk from all of the toxins. It was crazy!
I hope to prepare meals for my aunt and cousin at least once a week. Jimmy prefers restaurants; although, he did let me make a salad for us on Tuesday. I think he enjoys being out of his apartment.

2 comments:

Shari said...

Hello,
I am just finishing up at work and thought I would send a note. I am watching it snow and I feel the need for sun.

Your idea to have a once a week meal with family sound wonderful. For years I have wanted to start doing that and have not accompished it yet. I think it's a great way for family and friends to get connected and then stay connected. I hope it works and I look forward to the interesting meals that you will prepare.

I have not heard of the Moosewood Cookbook. I shall look it up next time I'm at the bookstore.

I hope the toxin are gone before you go to Vegas and fill back up with different toxins. Have a great time and I hope to see you soon.

The Twins Vs. Rockie's game is May 16,17 & 18th. Tom and I are working on plans and will let you know what they are.

Take Care,
Love Shari

harmony said...

too funny about the toxin refill. Yes, I will be eating gourmet food and drinking red wine. I suppose I will be sporting purple teeth the entire time that I am there.
Great about the Twins. I will see about getting tickets from my bosses so that you could go. They have great seats on the 3rd base line.
Bryn says hello, too.