Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Las Vegas

I missed traveling and so I went to Las Vegas for a two day stint. I know that I am unable to do much outside of two nights since it exhausts me. Today, I am tired, worn out and unable to do anything outside of watch basketball or movies. I am currently watching Shrek the Third. It isn't that funny.
Jimmy and I left on Sunday night after I finished my shift. We ran out of champagne and so I had put the bottle to use in a cooler. I was waiting for a few of the servers to tip me out and so I decided to celebrate in style. I wanted a mimosa since our champagne is crappy, normally. I realized that the other bartenders had opened a nice bottle. It was a mistake obviously, but I decided to capitalize on it anyways. It was ideal.
On our flight to Vegas, I was sitting in the middle between Jimmy and some random guy. The guy sat by the window and wasn't too friendly. I realized later that he was too interested in his mouth. The entire flight, his hand was in his mouth. I was disgusted, but it was only a preview of what was to come. Next thing I know, I hear this click, click, click and look over and lo and behold, he has his nail clippers out and is clipping his finger nails. I couldn't believe that he would do this and so I kicked Jimmy to indicate my dislike of my seat partner. I don't like when people clip their nails anywhere around me. The sound of the clippers, alone, is unsettling.
We arrived and went straight to the Flamingo. Our room was a smoking suite, the only suite available. We decided to roll with it. The elevator smelled like an ashtray and I could only imagine how great the room would smell. We opened the door to this huge room. I think the suite was bigger than Jimmy's apartment. Thankfully, it didn't smell like smoke and I could have stayed there for a week. I spent some time with Carrie and Cedrick at Nob Hill and dined at Olives, Bootlegger's Bistro and Il Mulino. Las Vegas was a fantastic destination as usual. Although, this time, I won $62 playing the penny slots. I spent one dollar on that and felt so fortunate to have actually won.
I am planning my next adventure there, but it won't be for a few months. I need to recover from the excesses of that city.
Until later...

2 comments:

Jadey said...

Harmony,
You have a way with words. You tend to evoke laughter from me while sitting in a quiet nurses station. Of course, everyone looks at me like I'm crazy and as far as explaining my laughter, they don't understand.
I liked your story about the clippers...
So I had another ultrasound today and all is well. I still haven't quite gotten over the shock of another baby. I did inquire and find out that there is only 1 baby instead of 2. Mom got lucky, otherwise she would have received a strategically packaged gift, haha. Anyways, I was thinking about you and thought I would say hi.
Shari, I miss you
Hopefully we will see each other again soon.
Jadey

harmony said...

thanks, Jadey. Give me a call. I haven't spoken to you in a few days...