Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Things

On facebook, there is this list going around about 25 things about you. I know. I am on facebook, not addicted to it like some of my friends, but I have enjoyed seeing posted items. Some of my girlfriends are constantly on it. They don't respond to phone calls or e-mail, but they update their account daily with what they are doing, etc.
I was tagged, but while I am thinking about it, I don't know if I could list my 25. I mean, there is a lot about me that has happened in the last 3 years that could be under 100 things about me. I suppose I could do a sample of what I would say.
1. The worst phone call of my life happened on February 28, 2006. My life stopped, but then it had to restart so that I could make the other necessary phone calls. I think personally, that the phone call to Brian's parents was worse.
2. I work to travel. I want to go somewhere that I haven't been every year. I haven't decided if I should stay stateside this year or venture out.
3. I want to get paid to travel--I just haven't figured it out, yet. Any suggestions, please let me know.
4. I was named after a moment when my dad's band mates were harmonizing. The lead singer looked at my parents and said--you are so happy, you should name your next daughter, Harmony.
5. I want to work on a coffee plantation or vineyard at some point in the near future. I love coffee almost as much as wine.
6. I hate shopping. I get claustrophobic thinking about the mall or trying on outfits. I like knowing what I need and finding it quickly.
7. The same goes for my hair--I like showering and leaving. I am not interested primping or spending time with a dryer.
8. I embrace Eastern Medicine. I prefer it to western.
9. I am stubborn. I will self medicate or heal as opposed to going to the ER or doctor.
10. My simple spider bite evolved into 5 months of not being able to sit down because I am stubborn. I tried everything--tooth paste, epsom salt, tea tree oil, lavendar, alcohol, acupuncture, etc...
11. My doctor announced to his friends and one of mine that he had seen my ass. Quote, unquote...Nice, I know!
12. I prefer meeting natives as opposed to other tourists when I travel. I have no interest in a cruise for that reason.
13. You cannot outrun grief. It stays with you until you deal with it.
14. I love spending time with my sisters and enjoy that each of my relationships with them is unique and loving.
15. I have found that I enjoy writing as a tool to release my grief.
16. Taking a leave of absence for 5 months was the smartest thing I have ever done. I found my voice and my way back forward. Plus, I met interesting people and discovered 8 new countries. I love my passport!
17. I have consulted with 2 mediums in the past year. Both have been interesting and a tool to heal.
18. I think of Brian everyday and how my life is better because of him. I am so fortunate for Tom and Shari and their presence in my life now.
19. I look forward to the foundation we set up in his name and know we are giving back to the community.
20. I love meeting chefs. I have had several awesome meals from just talking to chefs.
21. I have realized that you have to let people make their own mistakes and be there to support them when they need you.
22. I love written communication and am sad that so many people prefer to text or e-mail thank you cards.
23. I believe in etiquette and am somewhat anal about it.
24. One of the best moments of my life was on a bus ride from Sydney to Melbourne. I met a fascinating lady who continues to be my friend.
25. I gotta say...I love red wine. I have been on the wagon this month and so I miss it, desparately. I cannot wait until the end of February for my adventure in Napa.
Thank to those of you that listen. I hope you enjoy my list. Again, I could keep going about things about me that you might not know.

No comments: