Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Goals of 2009

I suppose that since I worked on New Year's Eve, albeit briefly, I didn't really focus on what I hoped to achieve in 2009.
First and foremost, I want to be positive in my life. I mentioned the older lady that I waited on a few weeks before the new year. Her resolution was to be nice. As simplistic as that sounds, it works and is more difficult than you would think. I respected her decision and decided to utilize it within my resolutions as well.
I want to travel (big surprise) to somewhere that I have never been before. I dream of international travel, but I have never been to New York or Boston. I might stay stateside for most of 2009.
I want to get the foundation up and running again, but on the new terms that we establish. I thank you all, beforehand, for listening, offering suggestions and help. Thank you, Hailey, for offering to assist us in a previous comment.
I do need direction and help. I know the premise of what we are trying to do, but we still need to decide what it is we hope to achieve from it as well. I love the idea of it and see the possibilities of greatness for not only us, but the community too. I could further my cooking skills as well through this process.
Mostly, I am excited for 2009 and what it will represent...change, growth and opportunity. I am dedicated to furthering my yoga practice and eventually becoming an instructor. I believe that my art class will be a late spring addition, but that too, will release my creativity which is fantastic.
I am determined to not purchase cable. My Starbuck's cup said that on average--people spend 29 hours per week watching the tv. This is pathetic! I love Fx, but cannot support being sedentary while it is gorgeous outside or there is more to learn in life. When I traveled, I rarely watched the tv. Once and a while, I would watch Friends which was entertaining in other countries. It made me reflective of my life in the States and missing my family in friends. I read the entire trip and felt resourceful in finding new things to occupy my time besides my thoughts.
Enjoy the day. I need to ponder more resolutions and decisions...

No comments: