Thursday, January 8, 2009

right equipment

2009 is a great year so far.
I have been working and I have retained a good mood. I know, for most of you, this is unbelievable, but for whatever reason, I am in a great mood. I enjoy work and am able to not get involved with the petty bull shit associated with restaurant jobs.
Yoga has been a constant in my life and again, I am registering for an art class at the end of the month. Life has multiple opportunites and optimism has stayed.
Today, at work, I waited on the lawyers, a friend of a friend and all of my tables were drinking. I, of course, appreciated that aspect of it. It wasn't busy and my final table lingered over martinis. I was a little annoyed because I wanted to be able to leave work early, but decided to continue to wait on this table of four men. Two rounds later and they ordered. I'll admit, they were entertaining, but I wanted them to speed things up. They wanted to be chatty with me.
One of the men noticed that I have a ring on my ring finger. He said--oh, so you are married. I explained that no, I wasn't married, but that Brian had bought me the ring and that is why I wore it. They said--oh, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. But, you have the "right equipment" to meet someone else and you have a great personality. I cracked up and didn't fully know how to respond. I have never heard it put that way.
They provided me with a good laugh and a nice tip. I guess patience is a virtue.

1 comment:

JT said...

I saw this and it reminded me of your post:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jt_flickr/3695061456/

Happy Running!