Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dinner at Elway's

Still on the wagon and still resisting the wine factor in meals.
Tonight, I went to Elway's with Jimmy and had dinner with Tiffany and Sharkey. We shared chicken, brussel sprout hash (with bacon--Steve--even you would like it!), au gratin potatoes, mac and cheese and crab fried rice. It was a dinner of sides for me and some protein for others.
I asked for coffee at the end of the meal and was served luke warm coffee. It was awful, but I understand the whole coffee in bars thing. I cannot tell you how many times at the Bull, I suggest going to Starbuck's as opposed to drinking our day old coffee. Occasionally, I will brew a fresh pot, but I still feel that our coffee is sub par.
The evening was pleasant, filled with great conversation. The only thing missing, was the glass of Rapture Cabernet. I suppose it will taste amazing come February.
I made plans for my trip to Phoenix. I think our girl's weekend is coming together quite nicely. I think that we will be hiking a bunch, and then barhopping to some of my favorite places in Phoenix. I need to check into spas, too. I know that there are plenty in Phoenix, but I want it to be a memorable experience in a good way. I have suffered from some of my massage choices...see massage in Argentina for instance!
Nevertheless, I am well in life. I have many projects that are all positive. I have free time and considered volunteering somewhere. Now, though, I recognize that the foundation that I helped establish in 2006 is starting over and a great time to get involved and make it right. We are in the idea phase which is exciting, frustrating and overwhelming. When I know more, I will talk about it. I know I need help and sounding boards. If you are interested--let me know, thanks.

1 comment:

Hailey said...

Yes - I am interested to help in whatever way I can. Brian was such an inspiration and I would love to pay tribute, to him and you and will do whatever I can from Texas! Count me in!