Sunday, January 18, 2009

The power of thank you

I am thankful for my job even if I don't particularly love working Sunday. I always have. Even when I first began bartending at Bull, I had a brief interlude of enjoying brunch like normal people.
Still, I enjoy my job.
I left for my trip and abandoned my shifts and my co-workers. I do not apologize for that. I learned so much about myself, healing and about releasing things I took for granted. When I returned, I had a new person that worked with me on Sunday. Honestly, it was a period of adjustment, but it worked. Then, she left and now I am with a new person, yet again.
I recognize that I am not the most easy person to work with. I like things a certain way, preferably--mine. However, I do thank my co-workers for their help and graciousness with me.
Today, we were busy when I signed off. I knew it, too. I knew that it wasn't the best situation to leave my co-worker in and so I continued to stock and tried to help her without getting in her way or suggesting that she couldn't handle it. I knew she was frustrated with me and the situation. I left even though I had wanted to visit with my friends, but couldn't watch how things were playing out or get in her way.
I suppose it has stayed with me because I try to think of how it could have turned out better. I think had she said--thank you, I wouldn't still be thinking about it. She was busy and I know that. I guess it made me realize how powerful thank you can be and is.
Speaking of--my friend, Kelly, had a lady's luncheon at the Bull and so she made cheese cake. She brought me a piece which I shared with Steve. It was a great piece of cheese cake. And, Melissa, one of my co-workers made peanut butter cookies. I decided not to share that. They were fantastic.
Be well. Thank yourself for listening to my endless rant...

No comments: