Thursday, January 22, 2009

Here comes the sun

The weather in Denver has been amazing. I love 70 degree weather. So much, in fact, that I walked to and from work today. I feel so energized.
I guess 2009 brings many opportunities for promise and growth. I met with Nick today and discussed the rebirth of the Brian Thompson Foundation. I stepped down in 2006 for emotional attachment issues. We had a fantastic fundraiser on the anniversary of Brian's passing. I traveled and wanted to distance myself from life for awhile.
Welcome 2009...new growth, rebirth and opportunity. We are restucturing, simplifying and making it work. We truly want to give back to the community and do it in a way that honors Brian. We are in the idea phase, but there is ample enthusiasm and passion for it. I see positive outcomes and am glad to be part of it. I suppose there is writing in my future or editing. I believe that there are many resources out there for us to utilize and benefit from.
I have been talking about it, making it real and trying to gauge people's reaction to it. My boss told me it was a cute idea. Cute, eh? Am I a teenager? It is infuriating to me. We have a wonderful proposal and that is your response. I think it is motivating me to make it the best possible thing it can be.
If I rant about this a lot, please be patient. Thank you for listening and enjoy the sun.

No comments: