Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy Monday

Happy Monday!  I had the day off yesterday and spent it with one of my co-workers.  We met to discuss some of the issues regarding work (of course).  I like Justin and so it was an easy day.  I took the bus to Old Town as I knew it would be a long day.  I didn't want to convince myself that I  would be okay after a few drinks.  Holiday weekend and all.
Plus, I like the idea of public transport.  It's easier in other cities but I still like the challenge of it.  I walked to the bus stop and waited for about twenty minutes.  That was trying.  While on the bus, one of the other riders entered the bus and sat next to me.  He reeked of cigarettes/booze.  I tried to not breathe.  Didn't work out too well.  Thankfully, he was only on the bus for a brief amount of time.
I arrived a few minutes before Justin and found that our designated spot was not open til 3.  I texted him to let him know and thought of a plan B.  Wine bar worked out well.  We talked about a few work things and then continued the bar hopping.  All the while, I was texting Lindsay to see how her delivery was going.  Her son was finally ready to make his debut.  She seemed so calm via text.  Although, Lindsay is always calm, practical, kind.  Finally, after 16 hours of labor, he arrived via c-section.  He's beautiful and healthy.  I can only wait to visit and meet him.
I returned home compliments of one of my co-workers.  She saved me $30 in cab fare or waiting to take the bus home.  As much as I do enjoy public transport the idea of riding home on the bus was not something to look forward to.  I was so grateful that Hillary offered to give me a ride home.
I made dinner.  Of course, Justin and I enjoyed a few snacks.  We tried mac and cheese, tuna and bruschetta.  I really wanted these truffle fries at the wine bar but somehow we never managed to order them.
I made pasta and then went to bed.  At 2:20, I woke up.  Damn insomnia!  I was up til 6 unable to fall back asleep.  As such, my day off is lazy now.  I skipped yoga, tried to arrange a massage and see a siesta in my near future.  I am fairly certain that I told some of my co-workers that I would meet them for drinks later.  I am considering turning my phone off to avoid correspondence.
I have been watching this show on hulu--totally, my lazy type of day.  It's fascinating.  What would happen if we no longer had electricity?  How would you sustain your livelihood?  What hard copies of memories would you have available to you?  That is what completely stuck out to me.  I have photos of Brian and my life together.  I have few available on line since I didn't have a digital camera at that point in my life.
I think of how little water I have on hand.  Or the supply factor or lack thereof.  Yes, what would life be like without electricity?  How would we stay in constant contact with our lives?  I wake up and check my e-mail and facebook.  I haven't written a letter or thank you card in a few months.  I have forgotten how much I enjoy written correspondence.  After watching a few episodes, I am inspired to write a note, learn to sew or a new skill.
And, I will.  Time to greet the day~

No comments: