Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Insomnia and other thoughts...

Insomnia, again.  This time, I powered through it.  Drank some water and forced my mind to stop racing.  Lately, I think of work.  I obsess about how I can contribute more positive energy to it.  The last few nights have been never ending thoughts of work.  What is wrong with me?
I consider my present and my future.  I suppose that is why I obsess about work.  It is very present in my life.  I love many aspects of it.  There are some that are challenging, too.  I know if there weren't challenges, I would not be learning if that makes sense.  I just wish I could shut my mind off sometimes.    We'll see how it goes tonight.
This evening, I am meeting two of my favorite wine reps/suppliers for a meal.  I don't know how or why I got involved in this meal but from the start they included me.  We have been trying to dine at this established italian restaurant for about six weeks.  Each Tuesday something would come up delaying our meal.  Tonight it is sticking.  We will meet for drinks and appetizers.  Finally.
My intention was to get up, early, and go for a run.  However, when insomnia hit me at 3 am, I knew that running was out of the question.  That will have to wait for tomorrow.
I did manage to write a few thank you cards last night.  I have been thinking about it and got around to it.  I was semi-productive yesterday.  I made stirfry, read, arranged an appointment for a reading and wrote a few thank you cards.  This year for my birthday, I was surprised by a few of my co-workers.  They brought me wine and cupcakes.  Delicious!  Unexpected surprise.  I took the wine and cupcakes to San Diego and shared them with friends there.  Excellent surprise for sure.
The stirfry was tasty and it inspired me to cook at home more often.  I have been thinking pumpkin soup.  I ate incredible pumpkin, bean, corn stew in Chile.  I want to make my own version of the stew and soon.  Feels like fall, right?
It is time to greet the day.  I have errands to run, pre-work and then there is the lovely dinner tonight.  Life is grand~

No comments: