Tuesday, April 17, 2018

days off and planning

I must eat clean the next few days.  I fell off the clean living wagon and realize that unless I really make changes, my weigh in on Friday will be horrifying.  Courtney will not let me live it down!  I'll be swimming in planks and pushups til my arms fall off.  Lol...she did try to break me last Friday and almost succeeded.  I was sore for a few days afterwards.  In terms of dining, I tried to be good.  I worked Friday night and ate shrimp at 2 am.  Saturday, I managed to eat a little cleaner but joined my friends for a night cap.   I had posole with chips and salsa, Sunday followed by spaghetti for dinner that night.  Wine was involved on both occasions.  Let's just say, I took recess from my prescribed schooling and effort.
And, I know I will feel better if I take a day or three off from excessive dining and wine.  Last night, my intention was to eat clean.  Then, Jenn texted me that we should meet for sushi and I obliged.  I wanted to enjoy happy hour with her.  And, who doesn't like sushi?  We frequent this that is super close to where we live.  I enjoy the happy hour offerings--two for one wine, beer or sake.  Not to mention, they do have a nice array of sushi.  Last night, I would have preferred checking out another place that I found recently.  It is further away from my apartment and I don't think the wine list is as varied.  However, they do offer a bunch of sushi that I would like to check out.  Next time for sure.
I walked home and threw my clothes around my apartment. I should get better about tidying up.  I fell asleep and woke to an early morning text from my yoga client.  They were up working still at 2:00 am.  Kristina was giving me the heads up that they would be canceling our session since they were still working and would continue til they were done with their project.  It was kind of her to let me know and she offered to pay me for my time which I also appreciated immensely.  Granted this is the second time she has canceled at a late date.  I agreed that I should be compensated for my time.  I am making strides in establishing my yoga clientele. I want to continue that momentum and see where it leads.
I reached out to a friend in Santa Fe about meeting him next month for lunch.  He travels frequently and so I wanted to see if our schedules would sync up.  I am waiting to hear back from him before committing to a trip.  I also need to see what my work schedule looks like next month.  Of course, if I do manage a trip to New Mexico, I will be heading to Ojo Caliente with the beauty, Melody, and lunching at La Choza.  I have other friends who I would like to see and there is the farmer's market that continues to attract and beckon.  There is Lawrence, Libby, Teo and a handful of others that I always enjoy meeting up with.
I need to book my trip to D.C., too.  I have confirmed my dates with Megan and see a dinner or lunch in my future.  I will not be staying with them as their situation has changed since my last trip to D.C.  Two kids and I am a little uncertain as to where they physically live.  Just seems more convenient and conducive to arrange an airbnb or VRBO.  Moreover, Jennifer will be with me, I think.  I don't know exactly how long she intends to stay in the city.  I am sure that I can entertain myself by checking out bars, restaurants, neighborhoods.  It will be my third visit to this city and I know it will not disappoint.
Upcoming travel is always fun to arrange and look forward to.  Heading to a vinyasa class at noon and perhaps finishing up with a  walk around City Park.  It is time to enjoy the sunshine and thrive!

No comments: