Wednesday, April 11, 2018

more opportunites for yoga

More and more opportunities for yoga and I am extremely grateful to be expanding this part of my life.  I made the conscious decision to pursue this arena a few years ago while living in Santa Fe.  I had been frustrated with the quality of yoga that I was exposed to on a daily basis.  I felt it was time to see what I could do with direction.  How I could evolve my own practice and share it with others.  I reached out to a studio in Phoenix and arranged the certification training over the course of a year. It worked for me since I wanted to immerse with a school in a timely manner.  I knew that I would receive little benefit from doing it all in two weeks.  I would want time to retain some of the areas that I was not as interested in.
It's true.  Yoga is appealing to people for a variety of reasons.  Some prefer the breath work.  Or the mindfulness with some postures mixed in.  I prefer a challenging sequencing class.  That is how I shut my mind off.  I don't think when someone else takes over and guides me to the zen state with a physical emphasis.  I can see the benefit of breath work, chanting, and being in the present moment.  I just want more in my practice.
I concluded my training and have been continuing my yoga practice as a student.  About a year ago, I began teaching in my apartment to friends and co-workers.  I wanted to practice my language and cueing postures.  I have found that I enjoy customizing sessions to individuals and feel more confident teaching frequently and often. Today, I have a client and am looking forward to it.  I know that Roxanne prefers more core work and stability.  We are building up her practice from the ground up.  In the past, she scoffed at yoga since she was bored. I want to challenge her and inspire her to do group classes eventually.  I do understand being bored in classes.  This has happened to me a lot in the past.  One of my mentors in Denver says I should approach it from love.  I should love myself through it.  Or be kind in my thoughts through it.  What I would like to do is flee the class or put on head phones.  I don't think that would go over well.
I have been playing with the idea of teaching more and expanding my clientele.  I mentioned this to a customer at my full-time job and immediately, he suggested a studio that he attends.  He even said he would put in a word for me which I appreciated very much.  So there is an in there, potentially, and at the studio that I am a member at.  I attended a new instructor's class today and felt she had a decent foundation and gave great adjustments.  I felt I should share that information with her.  I approached her by asking how long she had been teaching and she responded a year.  I noted her good adjustments and she asked me if I teach.  I responded that I am certified and she said, I can tell.  You have a beautiful practice.
Another affirmation that I am on the right path.  I reached out to a few more people that are like-minded and have additional teachings scheduled for the next two weeks. I am very thankful for the time to be doing this.  I want to be focusing on my health and wellness.
I will continue to see what is out there in the yoga community in Denver.  And to create my niche here. I would like to return to Phoenix to see what they are doing there.  It is such a strong, fierce community.  I have always had a bunch of respect for the yoga community in Arizona.  I see a trip in my near future.
I managed to finally pay my state taxes.  I wasn't prepared to be responsible for that chunk of change this year.  Today is the day to be responsible.  And let go of some of the nonsense, lol.
Cheers to living, to enjoying, to tasting life~

No comments: