Sunday, April 1, 2018

spring and other thoughts

Happy Easter!  I do love this time of year.  The colors, the blooming and the beginning of spring.  Sleeping with a window open and waking up to the chill of the morning.  Absolutely adore it.  I am inspired to wear lavenders, oranges, yellows--easter egg colors.  Soft and warm.  Maybe a pedicure is in order later today.  I could sport the colors of easter on my toes.
I met my aunt for a quick walk around the lake.  We try to meet once every few months and typically, I go to her.  It seems to work easier.  She is a Denver native and still gets confused driving downtown.  I figure heading to the west side is always interesting.  It continues to evolve and change and add restaurants to the area.  I enjoy seeing what is available in other areas of Denver.
We always catch up over the walk and she is insightful.  Sometimes, a little too forceful with her perspective but I appreciate that she tells it like it is as opposed to sugar coating to save my feelings. Normally, we finish with breakfast at a local Mexican restaurant which I also look forward to.  Yesterday, though, Bryn had made lunch plans with my cousin.  No chips and salsas for me on the west side.
I dropped some items off at Goodwill and stopped by my old job to enjoy brunch.  I ran into old customers and many friends who have worked there.  I love the enchilada sauce and so it was an easy detour.  I thought about making brunch at my house and then thought better of it.  Who doesn't prefer cooked breakfast and mimosas?  Plus, no clean up.  I chose wisely, lol.  And, I could inhale chips and salsa there.
I took off yesterday to watch a basketball game.  In some ways, I knew that I would prefer watching it from my home instead of watching it at work.  I get fired up and a little irrational.  Moreover, trying to watch it and work is a recipe for disaster.  I get too focused on what is going wrong and irritated when I am unable to watch it with undivided attention.  I spoke to Chad about taking the night off and he agreed.  I think, he also, understands how fired up I get about basketball.
The game, well, it was hard to watch.  I am thankful that I chose to watch it at home instead of meeting friends out.  From the opening tip, Nova dominated and consistently hit three pointers.  It was a nonstop assault.  I am proud of my alma mater and the team that they are.  They continued to fight and try to overcome the loss.  And, I was grateful that I took the night off.  I would have been sour had I been working.  I was sad.  I will watch the game Monday and see if Nova is able to continue the barrage of three pointers.  It was impressive.
I am working this morning and preparing for my dad's visit.  He and my stepmom are driving to Denver tomorrow to visit her family and me.  I am trying to find the perfect spot for dinner where they will feel comfortable and enjoy the food.  I think there is a place, nearby, that is a mom and pop's steakhouse that has been around forever.  It serves solid food and is not elitist.  I think that will be my best option.  My dad is Midwestern.  I don't need to wow him in a high end steakhouse.  I think it actually makes him uncomfortable.  He is a meat and potatoes type of guy and doesn't need the frills.
I spoke to my friend, Jenn, about meeting her and her husband with my dad.  We could meet for a drink, downtown, and then part ways.  I am still considering it due to logistics.  Should I focus on the downtown area or stay east and explore the neighborhoods?  I also need to find out where my dad plans on staying while in Denver.  I know there are a plethora of airbnb rentals available.
I am thankful for this new month, opportunities and travel.  Always, travel.  I hope to continue to increase my yoga clientele and maybe even audition at a studio.  The time is now!

No comments: