Thursday, April 5, 2018

Family visits and seeing friends

 My dad has been in Colorado the last few days.  I managed to arrange a lunch date with him and my step mom.  Initially, I believed we would be having dinner together and so I hoped to find a place that wasn't too elitist where they would feel comfortable.  Then, I was unable to have them stay with me.  I have a small one bedroom apartment that is perfect for me and challenging for hosting people.  Granted, if I had a king sized bed, I could have made it work. I would have given them my bedroom and slept on the couch.
My stepmom has siblings that live near the metro area and so they had options.  The first two nights, they stayed in Englewood and the next two days they will be in Berthoud.  My dad has an old colleague that lives in Wheat Ridge and so they stayed with them last night after spending the day with me.  We had lunch in Cherry Creek and then walked around City Park.  I considered going to the Botanic Gardens but felt it was a little soon in the season to fully appreciate it.  And, my dad likes to get his steps in.  I live near City Park and so it was perfect.
I suppose next time we can check out the old school steakhouse that I found.  Or, I know my dad enjoys Korean food and so I had scoped out a few spots that offer dishes that he enjoys.  Next visit.
On Easter, I worked the morning.  Typically, we are open for night service and my friends and I had hoped to stop by and support our friend, Goose, in his final evening of service at his restaurant.  We missed the last night but were able to attend the friends' and family celebration on Easter.  It was lovely to see him so relaxed and inspired.  He can enjoy fishing, traveling and figuring out what is the next chapter of his life.  I convinced these two to meet me for a quick drink or three.  Of course, the time went by way too quickly!  I ran into a bunch of people that I have met over the years dining at Goose's restaurant.  Former employers, friends and staff.  It truly was a wonderful way to say goodbye to that restaurant.  I had asked Sara Jo to join me as she had been my partner in crime on numerous occasions. Unfortunately, her work schedule prohibited her from attending.


I off to celebrate this Thursday.  A few yoga classes and I am teaching my friend, Roxie, later.  I feel I have been working towards that goal of expanding my yoga clientele for awhile.  Time to maximize my efforts.  And wine will be included, too.
Cheers to life, to Thursday, to creating memories!

No comments: