Thursday, November 19, 2009

Done and done....

Alright, I have mentioned the snow and need for tires.
I purchased all season tires, today. No more fear of driving on bald tires or return trips to Discount Tires to patch bald tires. Nope, I am a responsible car owner. Although, I am a lazy person.
For instance, I knew that I needed tires. I knew that my time was limited since I had a day shift and so I walked in, explained that I wanted to buy all-season tires, listened to one pitch and said--okay...that sounds great.
I walked to the Bull and mentally kicked myself. Why didn't I wait for them to provide more options? Why was I in such a rush to get to work? Why was I an irresponsible buyer?
CONVENIENCE...I paid for convenience.
And, Discount Tire did patch my old tires, twice, without charging me. I figure that factors in the cost of the entire experience. Plus, I feel safer, I do. The winter in Denver has started and I want to feel good about my car and be confident with my driving.
I will now.
In other news....in my goodie bag from the Denver Marathon, was a pass to Core Power Yoga for one week. There was a little side note with the sentence--new students only. I opted to ignore that sentence and went to a class on Wednesday. It felt amazing. I now have five more days to enjoy the pass. I feel I earned it, too. Training, fundraising, and running all contributed to the one week of free yoga. Heck ya, I am going to utilize it!
I have a day off tomorrow and I am thankful. Yoga in the am, followed by a much needed massage and afternoon run. Running is being reincorporated to my routine. My goal is to run two 1/2 Marathons and one full in 2010. I know the Napa 1/2 is a must and am undecided on the other two. I would like a flat course, sea level and preferably--warm weather. Chicago might be out for that reason.
Anyways, I feel great about my productive day and look forward to a day off. I am bummed that I spent too much money on tires, but it is over and done with. Now, I am a confident snow driver--seriously! I am.

No comments: