Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Settling in...

Settling in...thankfully. I put it off as long as I could.
I traveled. I worked. I rearranged and I kept moving boxes from place to place. As of right now, I have a completely open kitchen path, living room and my room is uncluttered. It is beginning to feel like home.
And, I have my first guest......Sara Jo. Yea! I am so excited to have wine with her and catch up. I saw her at Elway's, post-marathon, but since then, nada. About 4 years, Sara and I met weekly for dinner. Typically, we would begin at my place, with wine and small plates and move on to some new and exciting restaurant in Denver. I loved Wednesdays for that reason, alone.
Now, with school, work and other distractions, I am lucky to see her once every 6-8 months. I am working on changing that. Sara Jo has always been a fantastic conversationalist and supporter. Plus, she likes red wine, as much, if not more, than I do. Needless to say, we get along fine.
The Goddess saw my place, pre-Saturday run, but it wasn't put together. It was a quick look-see. I think I will have her over for drinks on another occasion. I hope to continue to run with her once a week.
And, it wasn't clean, either. Now that I have hard wood floors, I feel it is necessary to sweep, daily. I remember that regiment from my mom's house, but now, understand how important it is to sweep or at least try to. So far, I have been on task.
This morning, I walked up to the King Sooper's to purchase coffee and filters. The store is open 24 hours which is convenient, but it is dirty. I think I will continue to frequent Safeway even though it is a few blocks farther than the Sooper's. I prefer cleanliness to convenience.
I am mundane, but getting my life in Capitol Hill put together. I need a hobby or a new project. Trainig took up a lot of my free time and kept me focused. Now, I dream of faraway places, exotic foods and people. If only I could be compensated for travel....

2 comments:

Jen Feeny said...

It sounds like you are settling in quite well! :) Yay for visitors!

I will be in touch soon to figure out when we can meet up. I just need to get with my Dad about our itinerary while I'm in town.

harmony said...

awesome. Looking forward to it. It will be great to see you.