Tuesday, November 3, 2009

new place

My new place is fantastic.
Slowly, I unpack, organize, move a box, repack an older container and basically make it appear like I am actually doing things.
That is until yesterday. I know have an open kitchen, free of boxes/organizers and all of my wine glasses are washed and unpacked. Life is good.
I figure, I will tackle the rest of it, this weekend. I have ample cabinent space to utilize and I want to make it feel like home. I am beyond the old place and its negativity--due to the landlord. I am brimming with possibilities of being in Capitol Hill. I live a block from the best sandwich shop in Denver--Snarf's, Whole Foods, my laundry mat and a really awful bar (Park Tavern). I am certain that I might go there, infrequently, since I have never been a fan of that establishment. Probably because Brian got kicked out of it, one night, for his I.D. I think. I cannot remember. I only remember that I have never been a fan of this bar or the other one, they used to own, the Bank. I lived on 16th and Williams in 2002 and was a local for a brief amount of time. Personally, I prefer the Thin Man, or even the Squire, if I am on that end of town.
I could always walk to Don's Mixed Drinks, or Lala's. I have options.
Nevertheless, I am excited about this neighborhood and finding my niche. There is always activity. It definitely has an eclectic mix of people. I have encountered transients, kids (early 20's), older couples, hippies, junkies, lesbians, etc. It is an interesting feel and I love it! I plan on exploring more, when I have time.
Side note--I am much closer to the Denver Public Library which is also a benefit of the area. I used to live closer to one of the satellite branches, which was nice, but limited. The main library is amazing and will become a regular stop, for me, in my new area.
Enjoy your day. I must conclude this for now.....

1 comment:

Jun said...

Congratulations for your new place!
For sure you will enjoy it.