Thursday, November 12, 2009

Starbuck's Instant coffee....

I am not a fan of instant coffee.
I think, as a child, I would drink it with my grandma. She drank, coffee, daily and mostly, it was nescafe. I remember hearing that it would stunt my growth. Somehow, I think that was an wive's tale.
I digress.
I love coffee. I drink it, everyday. It is what I wake up to and sometimes, I go on the wagon and can do it, but I do not enjoy it. I am a coffee drinker. I do not drink soda or tea, just get caffeine from coffee. Oh, and chocolate.
Typically, I drink drip coffee with a splash of soy milk. I was trying to cut down on my dairy intake and what better what to do it than make this small adjustment. Anyways, I have a friend that works at Starbuck's. In the past, he has brought me a pound of coffee since he knows how much I enjoy my coffee. This is a definite perk of working for Starbuck's. They get a pound of coffee, per week, as an employee. I would be in heaven and never go without.
About a month ago, he visited me at work and handed me a new product that Starbuck's is endorsing. Instant coffee. I put in my cupboard and that was it. Again, I am not a fan of instant coffee. It was confirmed while traveling in Fiji, South Africa, and Argentina. Chile had Starbuck's. Costa Rica had its own amazing coffee and New Zealand had decadent latte's.
Today, I took a siesta. This is a habit that I am forming and opted to have another cup of coffee. Knowing I had the Via available, I thought, why not give it a go? Maybe it will surprise you.
It didn't.
It's instant coffee. I am not a fan. I would rather go without than suffer through a cup of this watered down product.
They are making a push for it in the States. Abroad, instant coffee is normal. But, it still doesn't make it taste better. I like fresh brewed coffee---strong, bold coffee.
Try it, if you must, but if you are a loyal coffee drinker, don't be surprised if you, too, are disappointed.

No comments: