Sunday, May 16, 2010

Pre-Colfax Relay...

Good Morning!
I am off to run the final leg of the Colfax Marathon. I am excited, nervous, and a little sleep deprived. I think this is normal. The idea of sleeping late, missing my bus stop--yes, trying to be green and taking public transport to the Aquarium instead of driving, or timing it poorly, have made me wide awake and unable to relax.
I am excited to be part of this. I am concerned about one of my teammates. She ran 22 miles, yesterday, which is amazing. She has a marathon in 3 weeks and so this is her taper.
However, she is running, again, today, and of course, is the longest leg of our relay. I hope she feels good and is able to make it through this challenge. I don't know how she is doing it.
Well, I need to get to my bus and work out some nerves.
Good luck to my teammates and a special shout out to Sara Jo....she is competing in her first, ever, running event. I am very proud of her......

No comments: