Tuesday, November 2, 2010

best day to travel

Of all days--Tuesday--is the best!
Absolutely amazing.
This morning, we walked around San Francisco in search of a breakfast burrito. Yes, I had to have a breakfast burrito. Lindsay agreed as I knew she would. I think she enjoys mexican food as much as I do.
We headed out of the hotel. We had to walk through the junkies (again) and head towards union station. I thought there would be a selection of mexican restaurants available to us. I did. I found one when I stayed in the city in August. We walked by it, this morning, and my friends considered that as an option. I declined.
We walked by numerous Thai, Vietnamese and Asian restaurants. No mexican.
Eventually, we utilized Lindsay's phone to speed the process up. We located a restaurant and walked in that direction. We found the spot and it wasn't open yet. Of course, it wouldn't be that easy.
We sought out the internet again amd found an alternate location.
They were open and offered breakfast burritos. Breakfast was served. AMAZING. Fantastic salsa and a delightful burrito.
Afterwards, we picked up the bag, checked out of the hotel and walked to the BART Station. I was surprised at the cost--$8.10 per individual--but I recognized that it was less than a taxi or shuttle service. Plus, it is efficient. The train leaves multiple times during the hour. Our ride to SFO was painless.
Upon arriving at the airport, we checked into the flight and walked to security. Five minutes later, we were in the terminal. Super quick.
Next, we drank a beer and waited out the two + hour wait until our flight departed. We reminisced the weekend, the photos and the saying--Happiness in my heart--coined by Rony, at St. Francis Winery. More on that later.
We headed towards the gate and realized that we were holding the flight up. However, in our defense, boarding started at 2:15. Apparently, it had been quick. Within ten minutes, we were the only stragglers.
Flight left on time. Arrived on time.
Lindsay took the shuttle to her car and Sara and I picked up her bag.
Each step required minimal effort and affirmed that, yes, Tuesday, is a wonderful day to travel. My trip to Healdsburg was remarkable. I intend a recap of the Healdsburg 1/2, wine country, food and San Francisco. Super eventful and noteworthy.

No comments: