Thursday, November 25, 2010

Holiday shopping

I am thankful for today. Happy Thanksgiving!
I am thankful for the Turkey Trot and opportunity to see the Redhead Runner since she is in town for the holiday visiting her family. Her dad lives in Parker. I would love to do the 5k but am spectating. Ironically, I have run endurance races but never run a 5k Race. Maybe 2011.
I am thankful that I will not be returning to Argonaut until Friday or Saturday. Yesterday, I made the mistake of thinking I would have a clear shot of purchasing wine at 3 pm. Foolishly, I drove over with the hopes of restocking my wine cabinent and picking up a bottle of nice red to drink today.
The parking lot was packed. First indication that I should have turned on Colfax and returned home.
I park without incident and enter the store. OMG--there are people everywhere. I am overwhelmed by the amount of people shopping, frantically, for alcohol. I head towards the red wine area. I pass many people with shopping carts and baskets. Again, I fought the urge to duck and run. I am not a fan of mass chaos. It makes me feel claustrophobic.
I arrive at the red zinfandel aisle. I find a bottle of Four Vines and hope there are more options. There are so many people in the aisle that I grab and a bottle and maneuver to the next aisle over. More people. More chaos. More unrest for me.
As I ponder what to do, I hear my name and look over and there is chick that I used to work with from years ago and that is known for her chattiness. I mention that I am in a hurry and uncomfortable with how busy it is. Thankfully, she took the hint.
I think back on the experience and recognize that I was approached by two salespeople while wine shopping. I was surprised due to the amount of people that were in the store. Kudos to Argonaut for being helpful. I just didn't need help. I knew what I wanted.
I purchased two bottles of Four Vines and one bottle of the Petit Petit--I love that wine. I wanted something lovely to accompany me while celebrating my gratitude at the Broadmor. So thankful for that, too.
Of course, I felt cheated that I was unable to achieve the restock factor. Friday it will have to be. I am glad they were busy, but unhappy that I felt so uncomfortable in the space. However, I do not know anyone that enjoys the mass craziness of holiday shopping. I am sooooo grateful that I was able to avoid the grocery store......

No comments: