Sunday, November 28, 2010

Visuals from Thanksgiving
















I met with Morgan--Caution Redhead Running--post the Highlands Ranch Turkey Trot. I forgot the photos were on my camera, not my friends.
We toured the Airforce Academy before the run at Garden of the Gods. I have driven through Colorado Springs, numerous times, but never done more than stop for coffee, bathroom (returning from Santa Fe and unable to make it the hour to Denver), Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, Broadmor (recent stop in my favorite places to visit portfolio). I know there are other places to explore--Airforce Academy being one of them. Ironically, my last stay at the Avenue Bed and Breakfast in Manitou Springs, I met a couple that had been doing touristy things in the Springs. They mentioned the Airforce Academy and I sort of scoffed at the idea. Why would I want to go there?
However, after visiting on Thanksgiving, I was surprised that I hadn't stopped before. There was history, beauty, and photo opportunities. Their church is unique and stands out amongst the drab buildings. I should have taken a photo of the church.
And then there is the Garden of the Gods. Remarkable. Beautiful place to visit. Challenging, memorable run for Thanksgiving 2010. Hills. Hills and more hills.

No comments: