Tuesday, November 30, 2010

thoughts

Marathon.
December 5th.
I have been training for this since June.
I am ready. Or that is the mantra I continue to repeat in my head.
I am ready. I am ready. I am ready.
And, yet, I am so nervous. Did I train correctly? Should I have done more strength training? What should I wear?
This seems foolish, but it is important. I need to be comfortable and confident in my attire. My shoes are set--Saucony's and they are adequately broken in.
Pink shorts that I always wear.
The shirt is undecided. I have a Colfax 1/2 Marathon shirt that would suffice. I am comfortable in it and I have worn it several times on long runs. However, I want to wear my magenta sports bra. I don't know why I love this bra since it still bleeds the color. If I wear the white shirt, when I cross the finish line, it will look like I have lactated red. Yes, visually stunning, I know. Great photo shot to show off my friends. Me, with pink spots on my chest. Colfax shirt is probably out. I want to wear the magenta bra.
Or, I suppose I could wear a different sports bra.
These are things that are going through my head right now.
That and which wine I will drink the night before the marathon. I have come to the conclusion that wine is a staple in my diet and that I will relax if I have a glass or two. Last year, I was "good" and slept, poorly, and was stressed out pre-race. Yes, wine will be drank.
I need to stock up on substenance, get an oil change, massage, run with the Goddess on Thursday, relax, rest, hydrate.....I am READY, but super nervous, too.
I want to get more honey or gel for the run. Probably honey since it is easier to stomach and doesn't taste like frosting. Honey is definitely my preference.
I feel more confident as a runner. I have been healthy this training cycle and believe that the marathon will go extremely well. I have had multiple running partners, events and opportunities to better myself. I feel great!
And, I am nervous.
I am trying to distract myself with work and visiting friends, talking to family and planning an outing with my girlfriends in January. Or, figuring out events for 2011. And, travel. I still need to figure out my beach trip for Christmas. I think it will be stateside since I am heading to Belize in February to scuba dive with Tom and Shari. More on that later.
Until, then I am scared, nervous, happy, excited......

2 comments:

Jen Feeny said...

Girl you are going to do great! Don't let the pre-race stress get to you too much. You've got this!

It was SO great to see you once again, I only wish we had, had more time!!! Next year I'm telling the Fam they're just going to have to make do without me for one afternoon so I can play!

harmony said...

I agree. I wish there had been more time. Next year for sure!
Thank you for the support.