Sunday, September 6, 2009

Alcohol--alternative to feeling like yourself....Barenaked Ladies....

I worked tonight, but asked Jimmy to close for me. I wasn't feeling it.
I wanted to head to Elway's with Tiffany, to drink wine and catch up. It's a holiday weekend and I had forgotten what this means for most bars/restaurants. People camp Friday/Saturday. Sunday, however, they are ready to party. They aren't staying in and so they rush the restaurant. Plus, it was the CU/CSU football game--another reason to celebrate and drink--and so my plans were foiled. Instead of leaving at 9 pm, I left at 11.
In that two hour period, I watched how alcohol really does induce random hook-ups. I was embaressed for some of these people and amused by others. You could see it coming a mile away and we were betting on the timing factor. Every few minutes, Jimmy and I would comment to each other--10 minutes out of within a half hour, Tiffany will be punching someone.
Yes, Tiffany gets punch happy after a few glasses of wine. Tonight, I thought we would be able to escape the craziness, but not together. Plus, by the time I was able to clock out and leave, Elway's was a distant memory.
I ran into my friend, Troy, who works for Canondale Bikes. He is a great friend, and I see him rarely. I wish that I wanted to stay and drink at the Bull.
He asked me why I was leaving and I said--well, I drink too much here.
Dave and I Erik both laughed.
I will blame it on that, instead of saying--I don't want to have two glasses of wine and yell at someone that needs to be yelled at. I have been able to make a clean break with a toxic person, but if I were to drink wine there, I might do something that would break the fragile balance. It sucks, in a way, because I miss laughing with him.
Overall, I know that I did the right thing. It would have become a He said-She said thing and it doesn't deserve that much power. And, I know exactly what happened and I shouldn't have to justify myself or my present actions. And, I know he knows that I know he was inappropriate. There really isn't anything left to say.
Oh, alcohol how you intice people to make poor choices! I am certain that there are still potential hook-ups occuring, fights breaking out and people behaving badly because they chose to do another shot or chose to keep drinking.
I do like that song. I have always been a Bare Naked Ladies fan.
Enjoy your night. Happy Labor Day!
I hope to sleep in, go for a run and enjoy the day.

No comments: