Saturday, September 12, 2009

A.M. running

My coach told me that I could take some time off.
I wanted to. I did.
But, then I thought about it and realized that the likelihood of me running 3.5 hours on October 3rd were unlikely. It isn't as if I couldn't do it, but I don't want to. I would prefer running with my group.
I called Lindsay and suggested that she bring her ipod since my run would be short. Actually, I had no expectation of my run. All I knew was that I didn't want to disappoint her.
She wasn't feeling well, either. She said that she felt clammy and that she was coming down with something.
We were the running wounded. Although, my spirits were great and mentally, I was there. Physically, my left foot was tight. My coach told me that if I had a sharp pain in my foot, than I should stop. No if's and's or but's--just stop.
Thankfully, the run was smooth, conversation flowed and we completed 2 hours. I felt it was a respecttable amount of time considering that my tendon was bruised. I was so thankful that Lindsay went running with me and I recognized that yes, I do, in fact, enjoy running.
It wasn't a struggle to get out of bed. Well, it was cold and my bed was super inviting, but I wanted to go and so I did. I am relieved to have "stayed the course" and am currently, couch surfing and icing my foot.
Tomorrow is a new day. Running might be in my future...who is to say?

No comments: