Saturday, September 19, 2009

Exhausted....

3 hour run...awesome...so tired now.
Last night, I prepared for my long run. I ate, like an early bird, had a salt bath, watched a movie, Heart and Souls--cheesy, but light hearted, was in bed by 10:30. The Goddess had contacted me about beginning at 7:30 instead of 7 am and I was agreeable. I can always use an extra half hour of rest.
At 7:30, she texted me to let me know that she was running late.
Our ran started at 8 am. We headed to Cheesman Park, did half a loop, left and made our way to City Park. There was some traffic, but all in all, a perfect day for running. About a quarter into the park, we realize that a race is going on. We continued on their course, since they weren't wearing numbers and most of the people were walking. We crashed the Memory Walk, for about a mile and a half. It was brief and kinda funny, at the time. I knew, from experience, that if there was a race, than the potties would be open. They were, thankfully.
Last time, I did a loop around City Park, the porta potties were locked and I was devastated. I carried cash on me today, to make sure that I had a little something extra to give the clerk if we needed to stop for a bathroom break.
According to our training schedule, we should have run at Goodsen Athletic Club. I like the trail, but we have run that particular trail 6 weeks in a row. I am over it! Plus, there are not potties along the route. Three of us opted to create our own long run and I think it worked out fine. We saw plenty of the metro area and we had multiple places to stop to potty, if need be.
The run, itself, went well. I am exhausted now...dreaming of a burger--yes, I said it--burger, loaded with mushrooms, cheese, avocado, onions. Sounds delightful; yet, I am headed to Elway's and so something else will have to suffice. Next week, the burger might be a reality. I have 4 hours to look forward to. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it....is my latest mantra.
Yes, I am exhausted, but I feel fantastic. Today is a great day. Enjoy yours!

2 comments:

Jen Feeny said...

Great job on your run! So how far did you go??

harmony said...

I think 18. I need to map it out, but feel, fairly certain, that we were doing 10 minute miles. The first hour and a half were a breeze and then, I knew how long we were going and I got wrapped up in the timing thing. Now, I know that I can do it and my final long run, is next Saturday, before the taper begins. We are slated for 4 hours and 21 miles. I feel confident that we will do it. The only downside is that there are no potties on that particular route.