Tuesday, September 15, 2009

no work today---YEA~~~

Yep, that's right, no work today.
I try to work the a.m. shift, most Tuesday mornings, but this week it didn't work out and I am okay with it.
Yesterday, I celebrated with an amazing bottle of wine, after having many conversations with friends, co-workers and acquaintances. I realize that I am a social person. I do not like to isolate myself from others. Meaning, I don't sit in one chair and wait for people to approach me. I flit from person to person. No, I am not the center of attention sort of gal. I am more one on one. And, there were several people in the Bull that I wanted to talk to yesterday. It was a pleasant, uneventful day. It wasn't filled with drunken drama. I feel that it was a lovely tribute to Dale.
It was a long day. I was hydrated, fully, and decided to make dinner at home, instead of stopping by Elway's. Tempted to go, but knew that the walk home in heels would be too much for me. Yes, I wore heels yesterday since my sandals pull on my tendon in an uncomfortable way. 6 hours is a long time to wear heels. How do most women do it? Seriously, my arches ache today and I have small blisters on feet. I know, with certainty, that I prefer sneakers and being on my feet all day, instead of a heeling wearing office type.
Because of the feet hurting, I am motivated to have a couch day. I know that I won't because I have many things that I need to accomplish before my trip to Washington next week. Plus the sun is shining and the weather is perfect for a mid-afternoon run. I took a few days off to rest my tendon. I am running the marathon and I have time to heal. My foot feels better and I want to spend time outside.
I could go shopping for late birthday gifts or trying to find another new Mexican Restaurant in Denver. A few months ago, while in Phoenix, I had a homemade tortilla and now I crave them. I found a place in Denver, last week, and think that I might return today, for another tortilla and some salsa. I liked the green chile and figure/hope that they will be skilled with salsa, too. The place is La Loma on 26th/Clay. I ordered take-out and so I have no descriptions of the ambiance or service, but the burrito was awesome. Definitely, going back for seconds, thirds, fourths.
I need to get off of the couch and back in the beautiful day. Hope you enjoy yours, too!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I hate heels now but remember wearing them everyday to work when I was younger.

BTW - Costco has homemade torillas in the refrigerated section - they are huge packages, but I have frozen half of them before. But they are fresh, you cook them up in a pan on the stove. Yum.

harmony said...

thanks for the suggestion. I love homemade tortillas:)